On October 30th the PC Party of Manitoba will elect a new leader: Manitoba’s first female Premier!
Rules and procedures
The PC Party of Manitoba will elect a new leader - and a new Premier-designate - on October 30.
Applying to run
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements at the time of their application; they must:
- be a Canadian citizen;
- be at least eighteen years of age; and
- be a Member of the Party in good standing.
Applicants must complete an application; submit documents; get at least 50 current members to sign their nomination petition; sell 1,000 party memberships; and pay an entry fee of $25,000.
For detailed information on the application process, see the full rules document.
Voting for the new leader
In order to vote for the new leader, you must be an active paid-up member of the party before 5:00 PM on Friday, October 1.
Mail-in ballots will be mailed out to the final membership list starting the week of October 11, 2021 and must be completed and received at headquarters through Canada Post or at secure drop-off locations by 5pm on Friday, October 29th, 2021 in order to be counted. Hand delivered ballots will not be accepted. Designated voting stations will be located throughout rural and urban Manitoba, specifics will be announced at a later time.
Your completed ballot must include copies of:
- One government issued photo ID such as (click here for a full list)
- Two other pieces of ID such as (click here for a full list)
Ballots will be designed such that each voter may indicate their choice of the two candidates.
It is not a requirement that second, third and subsequent choices be completed in order for ballots to be valid.
Proxy voting is not permitted.
Each Leadership Candidate shall be entitled to scrutineers who may scrutinize the receipt of mail-in ballots, the issuing of live voting ballots and the counting of ballots.
For detailed information on the voting process, see the full rules document.
Wednesday, September 15 - Application Deadline
- The LEC will accept completed candidate applications delivered to Party Headquarters up until 5:00 p.m. to allow certifications to be completed before Wednesday, September 22nd, 2021.
Friday October 1 - Membership Cutoff
- Memberships must be submitted prior to 5:00pm on Friday October 1, 2021 to qualify to vote.
Monday, October 4 - Membership List distributed to Leadership Candidates
- The Final Membership List will be compiled and distributed to Leadership Candidates by Monday, October 4th, 2021, depending on the volume of membership applications received near the end of the cutoff period. Memberships will be processed on a first in, first out basis.
Starting the week of October 11 - Mail-in Ballots mailed out
- Mail in ballots will be mailed out to the final membership list starting the week of October 11.
Friday, October 29 at 5:00 pm - Ballot submission deadline
- Ballots must be completed and received at headquarters through Canada Post or authorized, secure drop-off location by 5 pm on Friday, October 29th, 2021 in order to be counted.
Saturday, October 30 - The Leadership Convention
- The Leadership Convention will take place on Saturday, October 30th, 2021, with speeches, vote counting, and declaration of winner taking place on that day.
For detailed information on this timeline, see the full rules document.