We want you to have the facts on how your PC government is going to save Manitoban families money when it comes to their power bills.
Along the way, we would like to clear up a few misconceptions out there on Efficiency Manitoba:
- Fact: Establishing Efficiency Manitoba = lower power bills for Manitobans. It will finance new energy efficiency programs and incentives to help you and other Manitobans reduce their electricity costs and save money. Saving ratepayers money is what this is all about.
- Fact: The establishment of a new stand-alone agency (Efficiency Manitoba) to promote energy efficiency and conservation has been a recommendation of the independent, arm’s length Public Utilities Board since 2014. It’s the smart thing to do.
- Fact: The establishment of Efficiency Manitoba was part of our 2016 Campaign Platform that all of our candidates campaigned on, and that Manitobans voted overwhelmingly for with the largest majority in 100 years. We said we would do it.
- Fact: A new, independent agency outside of Manitoba Hydro is better suited to meet energy-savings targets with a reduced overhead cost by 50% compared to Manitoba Hydro’s Power Smart program. Cost-effective government saves you money.
- Fact: Our government is utilizing expert advice from one of Canada’s pre-eminent energy experts, Mr. Philippe Dunsky, with the priority being to save Manitobans money on their utility bills. NDP ideology costs you money; PC policy saves you money.
Efficiency Manitoba will offer households and businesses expanded energy savings programs to help cope with higher Manitoba Hydro rates coming as a result of NDP mismanagement of Manitoba Hydro. They burdened Manitobans with massive debt for the Keeyask dam and Bipole III transmission line. Your PC government is fighting to keep our Crown Jewel – Manitoba Hydro - financially sustainable. And save you money as we do so.